Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Dear Mother passed away on the 13th of January...

And so although my heartache is too raw to compose a new post... I'd be honored if you'd once again read this post I did for her on Mother's Day 2010.

~Her name is Anna and she'll be 79 years young in August~
~Middle child of 11 born to Italian immigrant parents~
~Mother of 5 daughters, 3 grand daughters and 1 great-grand daughter~
~Wife of George (he'll be 85 in September) for 55 years~
~SURVIOR of cancer!!~


- Knits and crochets with a passion
- Never one to pass up a sci-fi flick
- Pork cutlets are her signature dish
- Has a mad crush on Johnny Depp
- Owns an admirable collection of American Girl dolls
- Has a penchant for pocketbooks
- Only reads books in hardcover, John Grisham is her fav
- A whiz at crossword puzzles
- Giver of charities for underprivileged children
- Fiddler on the Roof is her favorite musical
- Prefers a nice card over an expensive gift
- Has a laptop and email address and yet won't be able to access this post until I visit with her later today! :)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Di, Oh My God.... That is sooo special, she is going to love this and I bet she is going to cry like a baby I know I did.
O's & X's
Dottie

thesimpledaze said...

What a heck of GAL.How lucky you are to have both of your parents still with you.They sound like such a delightful couple.Have a great day with them.Your mom is going to love your tribute to her.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

She is beautiful! Enjoy your day with her!

Sheila said...

Wow... thanks for sharing. I must say I love inspiring stories of strenghth in marriage and survivors of cancer :) Have a great day.

Smiles,
Sheila

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by and seeing me and my booth in Brimfield Central Park today. It was really great to meet with you!

Special 'K' said...

What an amazing lady. Thinking of you, your Dad and family. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Goodness this is so tough, your father will suffer the most, glad you and the family are there for him. I heard somewhere, that they show tons of Sci-fi flicks in heaven! Hang in there tough times!

Carol

June said...

Your mom was a wonderful wife, mother and friend and can tell by your writing that she will be missed so much by all who knew her. I love the photo of her here.
I'm sending you many hugs of love today!!!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Diane. Your mother sounded like quite a wonderful lady and I'm sure was an inspiration to you.
I do hope you will find solace in all the special memories of her.
- Susan

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You have her smile Diane!
Sending you a hug and keeping you in my thoughts.
Take care,
Sandi

Twinkle Terrior said...

Anna leaves behind a legacy of love in her beautiful family. Sending all of you love and prayers- remember, that she lives FOREVER through her family and will be watching over you all until you are reunited again in Glory :) oxox

Fran said...

Di - I had no idea......what a heartwarming poem ...soo sorry for your loss. A talented daughter reflects on her multi talented mom.... Hugs! Fran

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.