Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Tin Slipper....

I bought it at Home Goods - they had a few different styles but this one caught my eye. It's made of tin and has a little hook on the back should I desire to hang it.

The bow is fashioned out of screen - looks like something's missing though. And nope, I didn't paint it....it's just how it came.

I did however, do this!

A little vintage lace, beaded trim, gray velvet ribbon and a rosette


It'll be a perfect fit with my new master bedroom decor!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

OH!
~ now it is a most lovely slipper,
fit for even Cinderella:)

love it!!
xo, Rosemary

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

This is so cute! I love the embellishments.

hugs
Sissie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice, Diane! It did look like it was missing something on that screening bow. I love what you added to it!

Victoria said...

This is So pretty and unique!!! I want one! I'm going to have to check out our HG and see if they have any...it would look gorgeous with lavender in it:) Love what you did to pretty it up!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love it Diane! Can't wait to see the bedroom!

Lou Cinda

Unknown said...

oh it's divine NOW! so sweet! i've seen them before...won't pass them up the next time after seeing yours!

ladychiara said...

Very pretty! You definately added that 'missing' something. :)

Sandi said...

So very pretty Diane!! Love how you spiffed her up.
Blessings~

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Ooooh la la love it! It's amazing how nice some of Home Good's merchandise fits in with vintage/antique decor. They make wonderful fillers, don't they? I love how you never know what you're going to find from one day to the next there!
Looking forward to seeing pics of your master bedroom decor.
Blessings and Hugs,
Karen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Tres jolie!

Simply Me said...

Thank you so much !!! Love your header as well...all white